Reblogged by Francis Barker 2020
In 1981 I remember hearing Destroyer on the radio and was confused…Wait…is this a new version of All Day and All of the Night? I wanted that song so I bought the album. Give The People What They Want combines different styles. Punk, Rock, and a little New Wave was thrown in on a few […]2020 ALBUM DRAFT- ROUND 8- PICK 4- BADFINGER20 SELECTS- THE KINKS- GIVE THE PEOPLE WHAT THEY WANT — slicethelife
***Reblogged by Francis Barker 2020 Rock music
Every Billboard Hot 100 Single 1970: #433: “Lola”- The Kinks. August 29, 1970. Single:”Lola”- The Kinks Record Company- Reprise Genre: Rock Written by Ray Davies Time: 4:06 B-side:” Mindless Child Of Motherhood” Album-Lola versus The Powerman and the Moneygoround Part 1. Grade: A+ Peaked at #9 14 weeks in Billboard Hot 100. The Kinks- a […]EVERY BILLBOARD HOT 100 SINGLE 1970: #433: ” LOLA”- THE KINKS — slicethelife
Legendary guitarist and two-time Rock & Roll Hall of Fame inductee Jeff Beck, one of the great collaborators in music history, has once-again found an unexpected co-conspirator… … 28 more wordsJeff Beck and Johnny Depp “Isolation” John Lennon cover — AMERICA ON COFFEE
A review of The Rolling Stones album release in 1967 – Between The Buttons.The Rolling Stones – Between The Buttons (UK Version) (1967) — The Ultimate Music Library
For you I’d write a new songMemories of you, they still inspireI’d wrap it up in harmonyGet it delivered by a classical choir For you I’ll set the world on fireAnd given half a chanceWatch you rip the fancy wrappingAnd through the storm clouds watch you dance I walked for miles across the sand dunesThinking […]MEMORIES INSPIRE — Zoolon Audio
These are my own considered three qualifications/prerequisites for this position, in British rock‘s top 5 front men:
- Stage presence, charisma, probably the key factor – is his character larger than life?
- Looks – the ability to turn all the heads in whatever way.
- Musical talent – can he contribute by playing an instrument as well sing?
These are my rules, so the guy has to be in a band, not a solo artist only. I shall state these in reverse, though ask me on any other day and I might have a different order.
5. Dave Coverdale lead singer of Deep Purple and Whitesnake. An archetypal front man with a great soulful voice, plus a great rapport with his audience.
4. Roger Daltrey, lead singer of The Who. Fantastic stage presence and looks with a powerful voice.
3. Robert Plant lead singer and a songwriter of Led Zeppelin. Powerful bluesy voice and front man with iconic looks.
2. Mick Jagger, lead singer of The Rolling Stones. Perhaps the original front man of British rock, commanding the stage with his unique antics. If longevity was the only proviso he’d be No. 1.
- Freddy Mercury, lead singer, keyboard player and a songwriter with Queen. Maybe not have been as classically good looking as the rest, but was simply peerless with his imperious stage presence, powerful and distinctive voice, sheer musical ability, as well as contributing on keyboards on stage – whilst retaining that great rapport with the fans.
Once again, these are only my opinions. There great names I have left out.
Every Billboard Hot 100 Single: #414: “Neanderthal Man”- Hotlegs. August 22, 1970. Single: “Neanderthal Man”- Hotlegs Record Company- Capitol Genre: Pop Written by Lol Creme, Kevin Godley and Eric Stewart Time: 4:18 B-side:” You Didn’t Like It, Because You Didn’t Think Of It” Album-Thinks: School Stinks Grade: B+ Peaked at #22 9 weeks in Billboard […]EVERY BILLBOARD HOT 100 SINGLE: #414: ” NEANDERTHAL MAN”- HOTLEGS — slicethelife
Every Billboard Hot 100 Single 1970: “Cracklin’ Rosie”- Neil Diamond. Highest debuting single the week of August 22, 1970. Single: “Cracklin’ Rosie”- Neil Diamond Record Company- Uni Written by Neil Diamond Time: 2:47 B-side:”Lordy” Album- Tap Root Manuscript Grade:A- Peaked at #1 15 weeks in Billboard Hot 100. Neil Diamond’s first #1 hit- 1970 was […]EVERY BILLBOARD HOT 100 SINGLE 1970: #411: “CRACKLIN’ ROSIE”- NEIL DIAMOND — slicethelife
The 1976 concert film from Led Zeppelin played on Turner Classic Movies as part of a series of music-related films. I enjoy the live album from the film more than the actual film. The concert footage was filmed over several nights at Madison Square Garden in July 1973, with the fantasy sequences added later. Additional […]The Song Remains the Same — Ticket 2 Ride
Every Billboard Hot 100 Single 1970: #407:” Going To The Country”- Steve Miller Band. August 15, 1970. Single: ” Going To The Country”- Steve Miller Band Record Company- Capitol Genre: Rock Written by Steve Miller and Ben Sidran Time: 2:08 B-side:” Never Kill Another Man” Album-Number 5 Grade: B Peaked at #69 6 weeks in […]EVERY BILLBOARD HOT 100 SINGLE 1970: #407: “GOING TO THE COUNTRY”- STEVE MILLER BAND — slicethelife